Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway & More Share Oscar Dress Hints









02/05/2013 at 04:30 PM EST







Clockwise from top left: Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain and Amy Adams


Splash News Online; PR Photos; Getty; WireImage


The countdown to the Academy Awards has officially begun, and so has the buzz around what the nominees will be wearing.

Nominated actresses shared their gown plans with reporters at a Beverly Hills luncheon in their honor Monday.

Though Jennifer Lawrence joked, "I'm going to wear sweatpants," it turns out just the opposite is true. "Last time was comfort. This year, I'm like, 'Suck it up, wear a corset,'" she said. "I am going to go for fashion this time."

Last year, before donning her skintight red Calvin Klein Collection number, "I ate a Philly cheesesteak and fries, and I was like 'This is definitely going to help,'" she said. "It didn't, 'cause I had to double-Spanx it."

Another star eyeing extra Spanx? Anne Hathaway, who said she couldn't start preparing for a very important reason: "It was the Super Bowl! I couldn't think about dresses with all that delicious fried food around!"

Though she did say she's looking at some "cool options," let's hope they're all more drama-free than her Giambattista Valli SAG dress, which she revealed had a broken zipper – but her "magician" stylist made it work anyway.

The Master's Amy Adams was tight-lipped about her pick for the Oscars, allowing only that it will be "a dress! No girl ever tells you. Has any girl ever gotten up here and said, 'I'm wearing this designer and it will be this color?' " she teased.

But Jessica Chastain was a bit more forthcoming about her plans, saying, "I'm going to go for something that's perhaps colorful."

Her reasoning: "Most little girls dream about their wedding dresses, but I always dreamed about my Oscar dress – maybe because I like color!" Also on her wish list for the gown: "I love fashion that celebrates a woman's body [and] maybe is a throwback to the glamour of Old Hollywood, that silhouette, but somehow making it modern."

Reporting by MELODY CHIU

You're reading an article about
Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway & More Share Oscar Dress Hints
This article
Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway & More Share Oscar Dress Hints
can be opened in url
http://newscryesthesia.blogspot.com/2013/02/jennifer-lawrence-anne-hathaway-more.html
Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway & More Share Oscar Dress Hints